PDA

View Full Version : Ferberizing Naps

katelu
02-10-2004, 02:43 PM
I am starting to "Ferberize" my 5 month old's nap schedule (or lack thereof) and I have a question. Ferber says that if they are not asleep after one hour of crying, you should get them out of bed and try again at the next naptime. He says if they fall asleep outside the crib before their next scheduled nap, so be it. Healthy Sleep Habits says that if they cry for an hour without a nap, you should get them up and not let them go back to sleep until the next scheduled nap (presumably more than two hours away). I don't know how to reconcile these two and wonder if anyone has experience with Ferberizing naps. I'm on day two and she cried through both naps yesterday. She just cried through the morning nap. I can't imagine letting her go for another two hours without taking a walk (which will induce her nap) or rocking her to sleep. She's going to be so overtired and fried by the time we get to her next scheduled nap.

Any advice on Ferberizing naps is much appreciated!!

tina-t
03-01-2004, 05:26 PM
I'm interested in what others would have to say. We are on day 2 of "ferberizing" both nap and night time sleep. Ds just cries for an hour for naps until I have to pick him up. I'm worried that he'll just get very tired and cranky.

Sorry I don't have any advice for you, but lots of sympathy is going over your way from a very tired mom.