PDA

View Full Version : Need Weekend Sleep Solutions

Kieransmom
02-29-2004, 06:23 PM
Hi everyone-
My 9 1/2 month old son sleeps pretty consistently. He sleeps 8pm (give or take a half hour)to 5:30. (that's when daddy wakes to go to work) He sleeps through the night without a problem. My question to you all is...how can we get him to sleep in a little bit on weekends? 5:30 is just too early for us!
We've tried to put him to bed later, he still wakes up at the same time. We leave him in his crib with a bunch of toys, he screams bloody murder. (our rooms are adjoining so we hear EVERYTHING) Has anyone found something that worked for them other than these two we've tried?

Thanks!
Michelle

sadie427
03-08-2004, 09:58 PM
Sometimes we bring DS to bed with us in the morning on the weekends. Sometimes he'll actually sleep another hour between us, and sometimes he'll sit or lie there awake but quiet enough that we can doze a little. We don't otherwise have him sleep with us, but just doing it occasionally on the weekend didn't seem to disrupt his routine. HTH.

hellokitty1
03-29-2004, 11:48 PM
We do what Susan does and I would give it a try too. If we really want to sleep some more, we just put Sydney between us as a wall and even though she stil might crawl all over the place, she seems to eventually tire herself out and I guess she sees both of our eyes closed and sometimes will eventually conk out again too.