PDA

View Full Version : help with getting DD to go to sleep earlier

mamaturk
05-29-2004, 01:24 AM
hi, i was wondering if anyone have any suggestions on getting my 6 month old daughter to start going to sleep earlier. I hate to complain because once she is sleeping, she is out for the night, but she is not going to sleep until 10:00 sometimes 10:30 and sleeping until 8 ish in the morning! i love that she sleeps late in the morning, but i'm starting to fade with being up so late every night... i do things around the house after she falls asleep so i'm not in bed until at least 11:30 every night. any suggestions are appreciated!!

californiamom
06-11-2004, 04:36 PM
I have no advice but I am in the same boat with DD and would like to bring this post back. Maybe someone else could help us? :-)

TIA
Ana

shp
08-19-2004, 11:39 AM
I have no advice on this either, but really need help on this issue too. My DD won't go to bed until after midnight (sometimes at 1:00 or 2:00 am) and usually wakes up in the morning at around 7:00 to 7:30. I need to get her to sleep earlier so that I can get time to work on my own stuff. Any help would be apprciated!!

Shu-Hua
Mom to Jacqueline, 3/20/04

ErinMC
08-25-2004, 11:16 AM
We had the same problem with DS (now 6 months) about a month ago. He wasn't going to bed until 10 or 10:30 every night. What worked for us was weaning him from his last nap, which was usually a catnap of about 1/2 hour at 6 pm or so. We had a few rough evenings of him crying nonstop because he was so tired, but we slowly moved his bedtime back from 10 to 9:30, to 9 pm the next night, etc. Now we start his bath at 8 pm and he's asleep by 8:30 pm. Don't get discouraged, though, because it took us almost a week for it to start working.

The only downside is that he gets up at 5:30 or 6 in morning this way, but after I feed him he usually goes back down for another hour or so. And at least he's asleep at a decent time at night, so I actually get quality time with DH!

HTH!