PDA

View Full Version : longer naps

djjpgrace
06-24-2004, 11:53 AM
I am a new mom and need advice! My daughter is 5 months old and has been sleeping through the night since 3 months. She previously was napping well also. Now for about a week she won't sleep longer than 30 minutes for a nap. That is not enough! I get her down easy but she wakes up like clockwork. She gets fussy late afternoon from being overtired. Any tips or advice?
Thanks,
Julianna's mom

nyce2000
06-24-2004, 01:18 PM
my daughter was the same way - catnaps. I read somewhere that if they wake up crying, they haven't slept long enough. Now when she wakes up crying, I try to get her back down again right away. She's started taking longer naps in the afternoon, especially after we've been outside in the baby pool. Now, she wakes up and plays in her crib until I come and get her. She's 5 1/2 months and still taking 3 naps/day.

djjpgrace
06-24-2004, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the tip. I will try to get her back to sleep when she wakes up crying (most of the time!). What times does your baby nap for her 3 naps? Just curious.
Donna Jo

nyce2000
06-24-2004, 09:30 PM
It really varies. But roughly:

Wakes - 6AM
1st nap - 8 or 9AM - 45 min to an hour
2nd nap - around 11:30, but sometimes misses this one. (1 hour long)
3rd nap - 1PM if she missed 2nd nap (2 to 4 hours long)
or 3rd nap - 3PM if she took 2 morning naps (only 2 hours long)
Bedtime - 8PM

I don't really schedule her naps, just put her down when she gets tired.

shp
08-19-2004, 11:34 AM
My daughter is going to be 5 months old on the 20th. She often wakes up crying from her naps. It't then hard to get her back to sleep right away. I am wondering if you have any tips to make it work. Thanks in advance!!

Another question is my daughter's nap times are rather erratic. Is there a way to help her develop more regular nap schecules? I'd appreciate any suggestions!

Shu-hua