PDA

View Full Version : At what age is it okay for baby to sleep with a blanket in the crib?

lpl47
09-03-2004, 04:15 PM
My 11 month old sleeps well, but recently he prefers having a blanket over him at night and during nap time in the crib.

Is it okay to cover him loosely with a small blanket/quilt or do I have to tuck the blanket under the mattress? I'm definitely not worried about overheating, we keep our apartment rather cold... I'm just worried about him getting trapped underneath, eventhough he's very mobile and agile.

Thanks for the advice!

Emmas Mom
09-08-2004, 06:16 PM
Tucking a blanket in tightly is definitely recommended I think. I have a little thrasher though & we use the Halo SleepSacks. They are a lifesaver for me. :)

www.halosleep.com

NewMom1212
10-08-2004, 06:03 PM
My pediatrician said that it was OK to let Daniel sleep with a light weight blanket (no comforters) when he was old enough to roll from back to tummy. He then has enough awareness and body control that suffocation isn't really an issue any more.

Personally, I opted for the sleep sack at night b/c he's in there for hours without being checked on and quite frankly the blanket never stays on him anyway. I also introduced a lovey that is like a small blanket with an animal head and he loves to snuggle with it. So, I guess it depends on if your son likes the blanket for warmth or snuggling.

Did that help at all or am I just rambling? LOL