PDA

View Full Version : Won't sleep on back

dusk1975
11-07-2004, 01:23 PM
My DD who is 8 wks old won't sleep on her back. She never has like this, even when swaddled. She will nap on her side, but this will only last about 1 hour. We have tried wedges and they haven't helped. She will sleep for hours on her tummy but I won't put her in her crib this way (if DH or I are laying on the couch watching TV I will let her lay on our chest). She started sleeping through the night 2 wks ago but she is sleeping in her car seat.

How can I get her to sleep on her back in her crib?

stefani
11-10-2004, 09:15 PM
I don't have an aswer for your question, but I empathize with you.

My son was also like that, in fact still is. We tried and tried, finally we gave up. He goes down "frog style" (legs under the body) and then later on he'll splay out on his tummy or turn to his sides. He is 14 months now, and still sleeps like that.

Good luck!

HHCs Mom
11-24-2004, 09:53 AM
I think this is ok. If your DD can lift her head up (she may be able to since she's 8 wks) then she should be ok on her tummy. I've read and heard from moms that if the baby prefers to be on their tummy that you should let them. I guess I'd put her down on her back and then let her flip herself over. Maybe you could let her do it during some naps while you could be watching nearby so you can see how she sleeps? It might ease your mind a bit. Keep in mind that this is how we slept when we were babies... :-)

HTH!
Kim
~Harrison~ 04.06.04