PDA

View Full Version : Halo Sleepsacks

strike71
11-14-2004, 09:22 PM
My 4 month old is using a halo sleepsack, however, I have a couple other sleepsacks (Carters) which have arms. I see Halo advertises their's safer because there are no arms. Are arms really a SIDS risk? and if so as winter draws near how are others dressing their babies for sleep. Seems to me their arms will get chilly. I currently dress her in a onesie, pj's and socks and the halo.

sjk
11-16-2004, 02:19 PM
My 5 month old sleeps every night in his sleep sack. They are fantastic and I recommend them highly. It is very chilly in my house so he wears a one piece pjs with feet and his sleep sack on top. Wonderful. The sleep sack is like his blanket and I don't see any reason why arms on the sleep sack are different from arms on any other piece of clothing. Hope this helps.

ncl
12-06-2004, 05:49 PM
We use the Halo sleepsacks - they're great. I just put my 5-month old in a long sleeved onesie. For cold nights, we use the Carter's fleece sleep sacks w/ sleeves. It's hard to imagine how sleeves could be a SIDS risk - especially at this age where she can move her head from side to side.
When in doubt, I try to go w/ common sense.
Hope this helps

christie699
12-06-2004, 11:28 PM
My son is 21 months and has been in Halo's almost since day 1. I use it as a blanket. We keep the house a relatively normal temperature. We dress him in a onesie, and long sleeved pjs (no feet). In the summer, he stays barefoot in the Halo. In the winter, we put socks on him. I don't know what we'll do when he outgrows them...he's on the largest size!

alaible
12-07-2004, 07:29 PM
Paige is past that stage now but I used the Carter ones with arms. I don't personally see how arms could be a SIDS risk. When it was really cold I put a onesie and socks on Paige before putting her into the Carter sleepsack. When it wasn't as cold it was just a diaper and the sleepsack. I kept those sleepsacks and plan on using them again with the new baby.