PDA

View Full Version : Baby still crying

Mom2Mitch
12-04-2004, 09:22 AM
My baby is six months old. We recently started the CIO method b/c he had been using my boob/pacifier up until this point to fall asleep. I've been very consistent for the last 2 weeks with letting him cry and we are on a pretty good routine.

However, he still cries when I lay him down even after we've done the ritual. He cries for anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes before he finally drifts off to sleep. And then he'll stay asleep for an hour or more.

He always wakes up smiling now and cooing too (he used to wake up screaming -- a sure sign he wasn't sleeping enough). But it's so hard to still hear him cry when I lay him down.

Is this normal?

LizaSantaAna
01-30-2005, 06:47 PM
This is totally normal. You're actually lucky that he only cries for 5 to 15 minutes. Some babies can take up to an hour like my son when we first started CIO. And even now that he's 12 months, he still cries sometimes although it's only for a few seconds. Most often, he goes down quietly. Since it's only been 2 weeks, your baby is still learning to soothe himself. Another thing, after an illness or vacation, I usually have to re-train and the crying goes on for a few minutes.

momofzoe
02-28-2005, 10:55 AM
>This is totally normal. You're actually lucky that he only
>cries for 5 to 15 minutes. Some babies can take up to an hour
>like my son when we first started CIO. And even now that he's
>12 months, he still cries sometimes although it's only for a
>few seconds. Most often, he goes down quietly. Since it's
>only been 2 weeks, your baby is still learning to soothe
>himself. Another thing, after an illness or vacation, I
>usually have to re-train and the crying goes on for a few
>minutes.

Hi just wondering, what exactly is CIO? My baby is 5 weeks old and she always wants to nurse so she can sleep, needless to say I am a human pacifier and a snack bar to her, once I lay her in her crib though she would cry and I would start the whole process again all over. I am totally pooped out, I need all the help I can get to regain my sanity.