PDA

View Full Version : Please help, naps and wakeup time

kodiesmommy
01-10-2005, 09:08 AM
I need help before I go crazy.

My 9 mo. son wakes up around 5am every morning. My ped. said to not get him until 6am and then hopefully it will train his bio. clock to wake up at 6am. Some days it does, others it doesn't.

This means that he needs his first nap around 7:00 am or so, totally not normal. If I make him wait until around 8:30 - 9am to get him on a schedule, he screams, is over tired and then sleeps for 1/2 hour. This is what all the books say to do. Then give them their lunch and put them down again around 12 - 1pm. He is exhausted if I do this and take another 1/2 nap if one at all.

He goes down like a champ at night. He wants his dinner around 5:15 to 5:30 and then has a bath, bottle in chair and then bed. Is asleep between 6 - 6:15 and then is up again between 4:30 to 5:00am.

I do know that is a great stretch of sleep but if I put him down later, it does not matter, earlier, it does not matter. I think that I've tried it all!!!

I called Dr. Weissbluth's office, author of "Happy child...". Well, he's $600 for a consultation. I can't afford that for 1/2 meeting.

I've read Weissbluth and Ferber. Anyone who can help, Thank you so much.

He was up at 4:30 this am and is now down for his first nap, 7:55am. Our whole day is a mess.

Thank you so much. Jen

Bridget
01-14-2005, 08:08 PM
I went through this with my DD for a while. I used to be so tired I'd feed her and put her back in the crib. Usually she'd go back to sleep for another 2 hours, and then take a nap at 10am. I know feeding them is not supposed to be the answer but I really think she was hungry. She got over it and now sleeps until 7:30AM.

Regards,
Bridget

Mom to Amy Grace 1/9/04

nicoleflynn
01-15-2005, 04:58 PM
Have you tried putting him dom after you feed him? I also had the same experience with the previous poster. My DD used to get up sometime around 5am but used to sleep 1-2 hours more after being fed. Now she gets up around 6:30-7am. She is also 9 months and just started doing 6:30-7am wakeup recently.

JodiBodi
02-06-2005, 06:34 PM
Hi!! I am having the same exact issue with my 10 month old. He has been waking up between 4:00-5:00 a.m. Sometimes he will fall back asleep after nursing, other times he won't. The last few days, he has NOT been going back to sleep. So he takes a really early nap around 6:45-7:45 a.m. And then takes another nap around 10 and another at 3. And he is sound asleep for the night around 6:30 p.m. and goes down like a champ!!

But I am soooo tired!!! Please let me know if you have found anything that helps your baby to sleep until at least 6:00 a.m. I also have tried earlier and later bedtimes. Hasn't helped. Tomorrow I am going to try to leave him in his crib until 6:00. I'll let you know what happens!!

-Jodi
Mommy to Zachary (10 months)

madtowngirl
02-15-2005, 09:12 PM
I was having this issue with our DS. It happened for about a month & then he went back to waking up at 7am. It was right around the time he got his top two teeth. Maybe he is going through something similar.