PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried musical heartbeat therapy CDs to help baby sleep

Natasha
01-12-2005, 09:03 PM
Hi,
I have a 4 week old and needless to say, am super sleep deprived. Has anyone tried the Transitions: Soothing Music for Crying Infants by Burt & Joe Wolff/Dr Fred Schwartz; Stops Crying - Heartbeat Musical Therapy CD; Music of the Womb by Simon Cooper or The Happiest Baby "Super-Soothing" Calming Sounds CD by Harvey Karp?
Or any other CD???

Please help with any suggestions. Thanks.

Natasha

katie007
01-23-2005, 03:33 PM
Natasha,
We had a terrible time when our baby was the same age. He was colicy and had reflux. We found the "Happiest Baby" technique to be very helpful. While the heartbeat music was helpful, I thought his DVD was invaluable (I think this would be better than the book as it shows you all the techniques). It talks about and shows the "5 S's" These are things that will help sooth the baby. Swaddling, sucking, swinging, Shhishing, and putting the baby on his/her side.
All these things in combination, while not the magic cure, saved my sanity. At the time I really felt I was developing an ulcer from the constant crying and associated stress. Since the swaddling was so helpful I would also recommend you try using the "Miracle blanket." I was never able to get the swaddling thing down and this is an easy way to swaddle the baby.
http://www.miracleblanket.com/

Good luck, I hope this is helpful
Katie

kfulcher
01-25-2005, 12:23 PM
I was given a heartbeat music therapy CD in the hospital, and used it with my newborn. I didn't try any specific techniques with it, but it always seemed to soothe her when it played. She's almost 7 months old now and I still put it on when I rock her to sleep or when I put her down as "background noise". I know this isn't helpful, but wanted to let you know that I'd recommend it!