PDA

View Full Version : Teething and Sleep

joly1
02-17-2005, 08:36 AM
I am in the process of "Ferberizing" my 4.5 month old. Yesterday we took her to the doctor and he pointed out that she is teething. He recommended Tylenol 2x at night. This worked until about 4 AM. She cried from 4-6 and was pulling on her ears and putting her fingers in her mouth. I didn't want to give her more Tylenol. Anyone here have experience with baby orajel and products like that? Can it be taken when a baby has also had tylenol? Please Help!

aagirls
02-17-2005, 08:09 PM
Hi! The is a teething gel and teething tablets that are getting raves in all the baby magazines. The brand is called Hyland's. You can lookup online hylands teething tablets and it should pull up some info for you too look at. I have been giving the gel to mine, and it has helped. I keep forgetting to give it to him sometimes, but if you keep up with the directions on the back you'll be fine.

Also you might want to try dipping a washcloth in water than putting it into a freezer bag. Let is freeze. Take it out of the bag, and give it to her to chew on. You might want to put something on her so she doesn't get drenched. I have 3 little one's and not one like the teething ring, so I had to find something to help them out.

Christina

csburky
02-19-2005, 05:19 PM
Hi,
Yes, you can use Tylenol and Oragel at the same time. You may also want to try alternating Tylenol with Motrin every 4 hours (I am a pharmacist, so you can trust me!). Hope this helps