PDA

View Full Version : Advice/Experience with Infant and Toddler Sharing a Room?

kimtchicago
09-10-2005, 09:31 AM
Hi Everyone-

My husband and I are in the process of purchasing a new home, and wanted your advice on where to put the kid(s) (we have a 9-month old now, and will probably start trying for another next year, so we'd have an infant and a toddler).

The layout is this: 2 big bedrooms on the 2nd floor, and a bathroom off the master bedroom. A small bedroom on the first floor, and there's a bathroom on that floor as well.

One idea is to put our daughter in the big room now, and when we have our 2nd, have them share the big room. Another option is for them to have separate rooms. I def. want the infant on the same floor with me though (all those night feedings!), and I don't want to start my daughter out in the big room on the same floor as me, and then move her to the other floor when the baby is born- I'd rather keep her in the same room the whole time.

What are your thoughts/advice? I'm worried if they share a room that the infant will keep the toddler up all night. Does anyone have any experience with this- do infants prevent the toddlers from sleeping? How do you handle night feedings? The big room also doesn't have easy bathroom access- what do you do at night when you are potty training- is it important to have a bathroom nearby?

thanks!
Kim