PDA

View Full Version : Habitual 5 A.M. Chatterbox!!

csburky
09-14-2005, 08:38 AM
My DS is 9 months old and wakes up habitually at 5 a.m. everyday. He talks to himself for about 30 minutes and then falls back asleep for about 45 minutes. Does anyone else have this problem??? I am going crazy because I can't fall back asleep after 5 a.m. Maybe his schedule is the problem: naps at 9a.m. and 1p.m. and bed at 6pm. Any advice???? Thanks!

clc053103
09-18-2005, 08:12 PM
I read in "on Becoming Babywise" that it is very common for babies to wake at 5 am to talk to themselves and then fall back asleep. Since this fits that pattern, it may just be something you will have to live with, rather than something caused by your nap schedule.

Perhaps this is something he will outgrow?? Hopefully someone else will see your post and have some insight as I haven't experienced it yet.

Good luck!

csburky
09-19-2005, 08:13 AM
Thanks! I also read that in the Babywise book. It said that it starts around 2/3 months and can go on for a few weeks or longer. I guess my son is going ALOT longer!! I really hope it is something he outgrows!

clc053103
09-19-2005, 04:28 PM
When I wrote that it dawned on me that my 12 week old has been waking up around 5 am the past 3 mornings- I let him go till he gets loud, then I have been offering food. I may wait it out longer if he does it again tonight to see if he's just up to talk!!

Did you follow Babywise, and how did it work for you? I know alot of people don't believe the program, but I have many friends (one working on baby #4) who swear by it. I follow rather closely and my DS still only sleeps 6-7 hours after his late night feed, at 12 weeks. But I am hoping it keeps climbing!