PDA

View Full Version : Great nite sleeper but bad napper...HELP

LittleWarriorMom
10-21-2005, 10:12 PM
My DS is now 10.5 months old. We have done combination of Ferber/Hogg/etc. to get him to sleep through the night. He sleeps around 8pm and wakes up around 7:30am. If he wakes up in the middle of the night, he puts himself back to sleep. If he cries in the middle of the night, it lasts maybe 30 seconds.

He was never a good napper but for a while he used to nap two times a day averaging an hour per nap. In the last week, he has been waking up crying after sleeping anywhere from 20 minutes to max 35 minutes. I can rock him and he would go back to sleep but would wake up if I put him in his crib.

One thing I need to add is that at night, he fall asleep by himself if we get him drowsy but awake in the crib. At nap times, he fights me unless I nurse him to sleep. He is teething so I tried to give him some Tylenol 30 minutes before nap and it doesn't help. Today I let him cry until he fell asleep and he cried for 15 minutes but still woke up 20 minutes later.

I don't know what else to do. Any advice/help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Hailey
Evan 12/20/2004

csburky
11-02-2005, 09:07 AM
Same problem with me! I just replied to one of the messages before you because I have a boy that likes to wake up really early in the a.m. Now I am writing again because my former great napper is turning my hair gray!! My son will be 1 on 12/3, so pretty close to your son. I almost think that maybe they are trying to consolidate their naps into one big nap. My son's a.m. nap is fine but the p.m nap is about 25-30 minutes long and he wakes up crying from it. He seems more tired than when he went down for the nap. I would like to slowly move his a.m. nap from 9 to 9:30 then 10 then 10:30 etc. until I reach noon. Then, hopefully, he will take one really long nap. It all sounds great on paper but making it happen is another story. Let me know if you have any luck with your nap problems

Colleen