PDA

View Full Version : Amby Hammock transition to crib advice?

susan_k
02-01-2006, 10:42 PM
I'm hoping maybe someone out there has been in this situation and can help me. My DD is 5 1/2 months old and we have her sleeping in the Amby Hammock since she was 3 months. Before that, she slept in her carseat. We could never get her to sleep in her crib, maybe because she had reflux and major colic due to food intolerances (I thought maybe it was because the mattress was too hard :)) and the Hammock works great for her. She sleeps great during the night and her naps are okay, but she's recently she's been waking early from her naps and squirming like she's uncomfortable in the Hammock. I also need to try to get her transitioned to her crib for naps because she's going to daycare in a month and I don't want to have to bring the Hammock with me everyday. I've tried a few times to get her to nap in her crib, but she moves all over the place and never can relax. Then she's overtired and cranky for her next nap and I feel so bad for her that I give up on the crib idea. I've tried sleep positioners, but they don't help.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Susan

mom2carrie
03-27-2006, 11:31 PM
my dd is 5 1/2 mo. and we were thinking about buying a hammock. She is a high need fussy baby and one major problem is she fights sleep . . . bad. She is tired all the time and we don't know what to do with her. I am a SAHM and willing to try anything, but crying it out. Is she too old to start using it? It is kind of expensive and I am worried she won't like it. What do you think?

Thanks so much
Tiffani

susan_k
03-28-2006, 05:52 PM
My DD started when she was 2 1/2 months old, she loves it so much even now that she's 7 months old. If your baby likes being swaddled and/or cradled in a car seat/bouncy/swing, then I think she'll like it. You can look for ones on Ebay that are gently used, or if you buy new, you could always sell on Ebay if she doesn't like it. They have a great resale value. My DD always fought sleep in her crib, but she always zonks right out in her hammock.

Good luck!
Susan