PDA

View Full Version : crying to sleep at naptime?

paigepea
02-13-2006, 12:15 PM
my 4 month old cries herself to sleep at naptime and it is starting to really bother me. she'll cry for 15 min. and then sleep 30-45 min.

she is a great night time sleeper. we have a routine that helps her fall asleep easily and she sleeps well through the night.

can anyone recommend a good resource OR share their experiences on how they got their baby to nap well.

thanks,
paige.

MargieMe
02-18-2006, 12:50 PM
Paige,
I LOVE Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Weisbluth. A girlfriend bought it for me and it has really been helpful. I feel that he is middle of the road between Ferber and some of the more "touchy feely" folks like the Baby Whisperer. He presents plans that are appropriate by age (month by month) and alternate plans for folks who need a "quick fix" (my phrase, not his).

DS is 4 m/o and is a good napper if I only let him stay awake for 2 hours at a time...two hours from when his eyes open in the crib to having him back down trying to sleep again. Yes, it means that MANY days we get next to nothing done outside of the house ;), but it means he is happy.

I hope this helps,
S

chloe07
02-19-2006, 02:12 PM
Paige,

I agree with the previous reply. I recently purchased the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy CHild by Weissbluth. It's a great book and even though we only have been using it a couple of days- I already notice in big difference in my daughter. She is well rested and happier. Sleep is so important for them.

Also, I had to remind myself that she has to learn to put herself to sleep and if I didn't start doing something now, things would get worse in the future.

I would highly recommend this book. I wish I would have looked into this sooner.

Chloe

MargieMe
02-19-2006, 08:33 PM
Check out this link as well. It is a great summary.

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=454462