PDA

View Full Version : Help - 4 1/2 month old not sleeping!

sdayleh05
03-02-2006, 12:10 PM
My DS was colicky as an young baby and it took a while but finally he got to where he'd only wake up twice a night to eat (he is exclusively breastfed). The times were never consistent but he'd sleep some 4 hr stretches. But now he gradually starting waking up more at night and then recently every 2 hours!!! Also, he's never been a good napper, but now he only falls asleep about 10 to 30 min - if at all - and he's very tired. Bedtime routine starts at 6:30 pm and he's usually sleeping by 7 pm .... gets up around 6 am or so. I suspect teething (drooling buckets, chewing on hand a lot) but Tylenol did not seem to help! Anyway to get him to sleep?

pmeble
03-10-2006, 09:54 PM
I don't think you are going to like my advice- but it is just a phase and he will grow out of it- and you just have to deal! it could be a growth spurt- it could be lots of things- but i think babies ask for what they need. you can try something else- but at what cost? they can't really tell you mom- i am really hungry- i am not just trying to annoy you! or you could try a formula bottle before bed- i sometimes did that with my breastfed babies and it seemed to allow them to sleep a longer strech.

from my experience- when you are in the middle of the sleepless nights it seems like for ever- then that phases passes- and you are freaking out about something else! good luck!

Pebbles-

landofsmiles
03-16-2006, 01:01 PM
I am experiencing the same problem. Ethan is also the same age, and cries every night these days when we are trying to put him to sleep. He also cries when we try to put him down for a nap. It's been almost 2 weeks now.

Do you know what it is?

sdayleh05
03-17-2006, 03:01 PM
Well it seems he stopped doing that but now we are both sick. He seems now to go to sleep when I put him down, no problem. So I really don't know until we are well again!