PDA

View Full Version : My 10 month old used to sleep through the night--not anymore!

scullyjg
08-03-2006, 12:42 PM
Hello,
I would love advice form anyone out there who has gone through this. Up until 6 weeks ago, my baby would sleep 8:30pm to 1:30 (take a bottle), than back to sleep 1:30 to 6am. Since I have weaned her nighttime bottle when she became 9 months old (she is now 10 1/2 months old) and she has been teething like mad, she now wakes up about every 2 hours, unless she is sleeping with me. I keep trying to get her to sleep through the night in her crib, as I think she and I would both sleep more soundly, but without success. Instead, I have been going to her room when she wakens at 11:30pm and 1:30am, give her back her pacifer, comfort her and she falls aback asleep. At the 1:30am or maybe the 3:30am wake up, she will will fall back sleep but only for a few minutes in the crib than wake back up and cry for me. She will not go back to sleep alone in the crib after that point. She will only sleep soundly through the rest of the night (until about 6:45am) if she sleeps the rest of the night in my bed. Is there something I should do or try? She shares a room with her 2 year old sister who does sleep through the night, so I can't do the "ferber" method, nor do I really believe in that method. Any ideas?

racerl1
08-04-2006, 03:20 PM
We had a similar problem with DS when he started teething. He was waking up 7-10 times a night. The ped told us DS was waking up because he was in pain, and to give him Infant Advil before bed. It stopped the problem immediately.