PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else stopped using the Amazing Miracle Blanket and your baby is now having sleep problems?

ladybug888
09-13-2006, 09:14 AM
Hello! my daughter will be 5 months old on 9/20 and she started sleeping through the night when she was about 2 months old thanks to the "Amazing Miracle Blanket". Now that she is bigger and has outgrown the blanket we are having major sleep problems! She is now waking up at least 5 times a night! I know it is because she is so used to being swaddled in that blanket but she is just to big for it now. So my question is to other moms ....How did your baby do after you stopped using the blanket? How long did it take to get your baby used sleeping without it? I would love to hear any tricks or ideas from other moms who have been in my shoes!

Thanks so much!

Christie
Jack 4.18.03
Samantha 4.20.06

DrSally
09-14-2006, 12:06 PM
Hi, I just posted a response to another thread on the AMB. I don't know how to paste the link, here's the title: "Until when do you swaddle your dc?"
We wouldn't have swaddled as long without the AMB, which wa a blessing and a curse.

ladybug888
09-14-2006, 01:52 PM
What board did you post your answer on? I don't see it on the "sleep" board

Christie
Jack 4.18.03
Samantha 4.20.06

DrSally
09-14-2006, 06:01 PM
Sorry, it's on the Lounge, just cut and past the title and it will pop right up. There are a lot of other answers there on swaddling on that post too. I didn't even know there was a sleep board, so you may get more traffic if you repost at the lounge.

mfenimore
09-15-2006, 03:34 PM
We started having these problems around 3 1/2 months, where DS would wake up multiple times each night. He was not happy in the miracle blanket but could not sleep unswaddled without hitting himself either. This torture lasted for about 6 weeks. It only finally ended when he could roll over. Now he is a rolling maniac in his crib at 9 months and moves a lot in his sleep. I really don't know if there is a solution, I guess you could try cold turkey but we tried this and it did not work until one day when he could roll over.

MB is so great when they are young but the weaning off can be really hard!