PDA

View Full Version : Was a Perfect Sleeper!

coachkath
11-13-2006, 11:47 AM
My almost 11 month old DD has been waking up the last few weeks. She used to be a perfect sleeper from 3 mos on (11-12 hrs a nite). She's teething, but I think it's more than that. Sometimes she wakes up screaming (nightmares?), sometimes just seems to want comfort. However, I'm not sure what I need to be doing. I don't want to get into a new habit. Last night, she was inconsolable. I knew she was teething so I gave her tylenol and orajel. She seemed nice and calm till I went to put her back down and the terror-screaming started. So then I gave her a bottle (she had had one less during the day so I thought she may be hungry), and still cried a bit after we put her down. That's so not her!
I have friends who's children wake up at all hours and although I want to comfort my child and reassure her, I find that I'm getting her up, reading to her, and now I think it's going further and I don't know whether I'm doing too much or too little.
Am I doing something wrong? Am I doing something right? Help!
Thanks
Kelly's old lady

danagee
11-21-2006, 08:15 PM
How have things been going since you first posted this? I'm so curious to find out if you figured out what the problem was.

Dana
ds 8/04 * dd 1/06