PDA

View Full Version : Moving DS to crib--very anxious mommy!

erin_schmidt
11-13-2006, 05:40 PM
Our DS is now 6 mo., and I feel that it is time to move him to his crib. However, I am feeling a little anxious about the move for a couple of reasons.
1. I am just so used to him being right next to me, and I can just roll over to check on him whenever I want.
and
2.He isn't sleeping through the night.

I think I am making excuses, so I don't have to move him. DH is being very supportive even though I can tell he thinks that DS should be in his own room (more to do with daddy/mommy personal time).

If anyone has any suggestions on how to make this transition easier for mommy, I would greatly appreciate it.

jgriffin
11-13-2006, 06:26 PM
Can you do a partial transition? For several months (especially when I started back at work, but E wasn't sleeping through the night yet), we would start E in his crib, but frequently bring him in to bed with us during his first nighttime nursing. Sometimes he would stay in bed all night (if I was really tired and fell asleep nursing), sometimes one of us would bring him back to his crib.

Warning if you do this: be prepared to wake up in the middle of the night and wonder where the heck your child is! Several times DH had brought E back to his crib while I was asleep, and I woke up in a panic because E wasn't next to me.

HTH!

Jen

erin_schmidt
11-13-2006, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. Since, we are moving to the crib tonight, I will try this if he wakes up. I haven't packed away the co-sleeper just incase of the middle of the night feeding. Also, I think it is my security blanket. If it is next to our bed, I know that I can put him in it if he wakes up.

hillview
11-14-2006, 10:16 PM
Totally agree with PP that half way is a great way to start. We moved DS into crib at 6 weeks but only half way. It was a great mix. The full time in crib happened more naturally that way.
/hillary