PDA

View Full Version : HELP! DD wakes herself up by rolling over

kaycee14
12-15-2006, 05:37 PM
My 4.5 month DD has always slept on her tummy. She recently began rolling over from tummy to back shortly after we put her to bed (either for naps or the night). She then starts to cry. Sometimes it will take hours to get her down for a nap. The only "solution" we've found is to stand there, with one hand on each side of her little butt, to keep her from rolling over until she goes to sleep.

Any idea how long this phase lasts? Any ideas on how to shorten it?
Anyone have experience getting a tummy sleeper to sleep on their back?

Kathy
Mommy to a wonderful baby girl
http://b1.lilypie.com/IX8zm7.png

connors_mommy
12-21-2006, 01:58 PM
Oh...i have the opposite problem! My DS is 4 mos old and just learned how to roll from back to tummy, and he sleeps for a short amount of time like that, but wakes up wanting to change position and can't, he hasn't figured out how to get back to his back!! He had been a great sleeper until this problem and i'm wondering the same thing..how long does this phase last! ha ha!! I have to hold him on his side until he dozes off too, but within a few mins, he's back on his tummy! I hope once he figures how to get back on his own, he'll start sleeping thru again!

nfowife
12-22-2006, 01:03 PM
It is a phase and will pass in a week or 2 once they learn to roll back the other way. We used to have to go roll DD back over a few times a night...it gets old very quickly but it does pass! Hang in there!

nic33
12-28-2006, 09:44 PM
I have the exact same problem with my 5 month old.. it's been about 2 weeks and I have to get up at least 6 times a night to roll him off his stomach - he gets stuck there and screams until someone helps him! At least now I know I'm not the only one!