PDA

View Full Version : When do we go down to 1 nap?

mls115
03-03-2007, 11:11 AM
DS is 13 months old and is hit-or-miss with the naps. He definitely needs them but some days just forgos one of them. Yesterday, for example, he took a 2+ hour morning nap and then.... no afternoon nap. He stays in his crip for at least 1 hour (plays, looks at book, throws stuff out of crib, stands/walks, etc) but no sleep. By dinner time he gets a bit dazed/crabby/sloppy. At what point do I just cut out one nap and hope for 1 GOOD nap a day?
Help!

SnuggleBuggles
03-03-2007, 12:09 PM
Probably pretty soon. Most take an afternoon nap rather than a morning one. I would try staying busy in the morning and then try the nap after lunch. It probably just helps him get through the day better to have that downtime in the afternoon rather than AM unless he is waking up exceptionally early.

Nothing wrong with some quiet time in his room/ crib though! Keep that up. My ds would play by himself for 1+ hours then fall asleep for his afternoon nap so unless he is really fussing in his room during quiet play you may want to let him hang out in there till he falls asleep. :)

Beth