PDA

View Full Version : Co-sleeping transition to crib - NEED YOUR HELP

mak54321
03-26-2007, 09:20 PM
Ok, I will admit up front, this is entirely our fault. Our DD has been co-sleeping with us since she was 9 months old, and now will NOT sleep in her crib at all, and she just turned 2 last week. To add to it, abruptly about 2 weeks ago, she just decided NOT TO NAP AT ALL during the afternoon. She had been napping about 2 hours from 12-2 or 12:30-2:30, but now - NOPE just screams for an hour when I try to put her down for her nap. Also, she used to be great at going to sleep at night, ~8 to 8:30, now a huge fit. I have had success in getting her to fall asleep at night, but she will wake up in the wee hours of the morning, and just REFUSES to go back to sleep in her crib, and will promptly fall asleep once she's in bed with us. PLEASE help us, we are desperate to fix this situation and get some solid sleep. BTW - she has never consistently slept thru the night.

Thank you.

gina
03-27-2007, 10:01 AM
Wow this sounds like us but my DD is 13 mo. My DD is a MAJOR sleep fighter. Doesn't like her crib. I gave up on the crib b/c it is so much easier to put her back to sleep when she is cosleeping. You are not giving me much to look forward to! LOL.

Have you tried the AskDrSears.com website? There are forums over there and there is one for this topic specifically. He also has ideas for moving the baby to the crib.

Right now DD sleeps with us in our tiny Queen size bed. It seems so cramped, if it was only up to me, I would have her crib in our room to get her used to sleeping in it where she could still see us. I have even seen people take the side of the crib and scoot it right next to the bed and rig it so there was no gaps and it was baby safe. But my husband is pretty OCD so that would not be an option.

I am not sure there is an easy quick fix. One thing that helps calm down my DD before bed is if I walk her around in a sling. I hope you find some answers. I know Sleep is one of the most frustrating things to deal with.

Gina

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w132/ginaelms/Dec06020.jpg

DD 15 yr Jade
DD 12 mo - Happy First Birthday Olivia!

mak54321
03-27-2007, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the website tip. I checked it out, unfortunately, his method has her transitioning anywhere from now to age 8 - YES, AGE 8.

Per one of his suggestions, we may have to try putting a toddler mattress on the floor in our room to at least move her out of our bed as the first phase.

This should be interesting.....