PDA

View Full Version : HELP...DS has massive sleep issues all of a sudden

HIU8
05-15-2007, 01:51 PM
DS is 2.5. He was moved into a bed in January because DC #2 will be here in June and we wanted ample time. We did the sleep lady shuffle with him moving the chair in his room 3 times and then out the door. It worked, but it took a few more days than standard. Now, DC#2 is due in 6 weeks. DS has begun to not go to sleep at night at all. He clings to me and not DH. He cries, he asks for water, toys etc... We started the sleep lady shuffle again last night (but with the chair at the door for 3 nights then hopefully outside the door for 3 nights). I hope this works. DS is also waking up at 4 am and screaming for me to come back and sit in the chair. I'm getting no sleep already. I know DS is already starting to do through stuff because of the new baby. He is having a really hard time letting me or DH go when we take him to preschool. he clings to me most of the time. He also gets frustrated really easily now and hits himself over the head. Anyone BTDT? Does it get better? What should DH and I do? There is a behavioral therapist at his school, but I'm not sure if I should just go ahead and speak with her or not.

Any help appreciated. We really need it.

Thanks,
Heather
DS 11/27/04
DD EDD 6/22/07

kimbe
05-22-2007, 08:52 PM
I have no advice. Just hugs! I am so sorry that you are having a hard time. You must be exhausted! I hope that things get better soon!

inmypjs
05-23-2007, 01:04 PM
Have you thought about returning him to his crib? If he was a good sleeper there you might think about it. Of course I have no guarantees it will work, but if he is feeling insecure maybe it would help.

My son is about 1 week older than yours and we still have him in a crib. Our daughter was born in January and we thought about moving him to a bed, but in the end decided a crib was best. He was/is a good sleeper and LOVES/D his bed. We just didn't want to mess with something already working. We did buy a 2nd crib used. The majority of my in-person friends all moved their kids to a bed by 2, but there are tons of moms on these boards who leave their kids in one til 3 or even 4. My son can climb out too, but only has a couple of times so it's really not an issue.

This is just a thought, I wish you lots of luck and better sleep!