PDA

View Full Version : Trouble sleeping/getting back to sleep Need advice!

Tammy
06-11-2007, 10:30 AM
My baby girl is 7 months old and sleeps in her crib at night. Her crib is still in our room (I know- a little late). We plan on moving it to her room soon (when we have a little time). She has the same routine every night before bed: bath, a little cereal sometimes, and bf. She sometimes falls asleep nursing. When I put her in the crib, whether she's asleep or drowsy, she does okay. But lately, every night, about an hour after she goes down- she wakes back up and screams. It's like she's petrified. She also does this in the middle of the night. It's rare that she gets herself back to sleep on her own. We've tried giving her a pacifier which she likes, but that doesn't get her to sleep anymore. We've tried letting her cry for a few minutes, but she gets really worked up and starts gasping and coughing and choking from crying/screaming so much. Then when we pick her up she stops, unless she's been upset for a long time and then it takes her a while to calm down. I don't know what to do now. We've had others tell us maybe she's getting teeth, but nothing yet (also she isn't grouchy during the day). Any advice?? I would love to get a full night's sleep again, and I know she needs it too. Also- when I'm at work she's been napping shorter sessions.