PDA

View Full Version : 14 month old sleeping too long???

josiesmom
08-13-2007, 08:48 AM
We just got back from a long vacation on which our DD did not get enough sleep simply due to overscheduling and her decision to dread the PNP. She has generally been a fantastic sleeper--about 12 hours overnight and 2-3h of napping during the day. When we returned, she started sleeping 14-15 hours at night and continued to take about 2-3 hours of naps during the day. At first i thought she was just catching up on sleep and/or having a growth spurt, but it's been a week now, and the pattern continues. Should i be concerned or be waking her up earlier in the morning or just let her sleep that much? She is otherwise very happy and healthy. TIA for any advice!

eliasmom
08-13-2007, 11:05 PM
My 14 month old did the same thing a couple of weeks ago and now she's back to her usual 12 hours/night and 2-3 hours of napping/day. If everything else seems fine, I wouldn't worry about it. Just enjoy it!

DrSally
08-14-2007, 11:48 AM
We just got back from a trip where DS didn't get his usual amount of sleep and he went from 10.5 hrs at night and 2.5 hr nap to 12.5 hours at night and 4 hour nap! That was only one day though, and then he didn't want to go to sleep that night. I'm sure as pp said, she'll revert back to normal. I think sometimes the get into habits of waking at a certain time eventhough the circumstance that got them there in the first place is not gone.