PDA

View Full Version : Please help with DD who wakes super early!!!

veronica
11-06-2007, 03:15 PM
At 15 months or so, DD was still sleeping from 7to 7 but when we changed the clocks in the spring we put her to bed a bit later hoping she would wake later. Not the case and since then it has gotten worse. Now, she is in bed at 8 and sometimes wakes around 5 but usually a bit closer to 6. Is this normal sleep for a 2 year old? She takes up to a 2 hour nap during the day. We have tried pushing her bedtime up a bit but that doesn't work either. It is getting so tough to "start" the day at 6 am. She usually doesn't complain and hits her crib music toy repeatedly with no talking or crying. Is it wrong to make her wait it out until 6:30. Sometimes I feel so guilty.

She is also cranky during the day but she is getting her last molars and is adjusting to her new brother as well as entering her "terrible" 2's so I am not always sure it is her being tired from too little sleep!

Anyone out ther thinks this is too little sleep?

nfowife
11-10-2007, 02:54 PM
I would move her bedtime back to the 7 pm time and give it a week or 2. It will take some time for her to (hopefully) move her wake-up time later. FWIW, my DD goes to bed between 6:45 and 7 each night. She usually wakes between 6:30 and 7:30 but I don't go in to get her until around 7:30-7:45. She doesn't complain and has some toys and stuff in her crib to keep her busy while I deal with her baby brother in the morning, and take a shower too! Don't feel bad if she isn't complaining!

ebarretta
03-25-2008, 12:19 PM
my friends are going thourgh this with their child right now, too. teething defintely disrupts the sleep cycle, even when it isn;t hurting, i had the same problem with my older children. i find that as soon as you think you have a pattern down with your child, it changes! LOL

if she's happy in the bed when she gets up that means she's learning to amuse herself and be on her own a bit, too, which is a plus. as long as she's in a safe place, i would let her get used to you getting up a bit later.