PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Over

mum1day
06-22-2004, 07:59 PM
So, when is a baby really rolling over? DD rolled over on my bed on Sunday, does that count? She sure as heck won't do it on the floor when we have floor time. I'm worried sick! She will be 4 months on Thursday next week!

sdbc
07-19-2004, 11:46 PM
Why are you so worried? Maybe you should ask your pediatrician about it?

Bearhut
07-21-2004, 09:38 PM
My DD rolled over and sat up alone at exactly 4 months. Now she's on track to walk by 10 months. Talk to your Ped. but she sounds perfect.

ErinMC
10-16-2004, 09:53 PM
Rolling over on your bed definitely counts. At first, DS rolled over only a couple of times for a week or two, then suddenly became a rolling machine! Just relax, and know that she will start rolling regularly when she's ready. If she did it once, she'll do it again! :-)

staceywj
03-03-2005, 05:10 PM
My DD goes to PT for torticolis (wrenched neck) and they "taught" her how to roll over at 4 months. This is what they do -
they have her cross one ankle/lower part of the leg of the other and give her a nudge to go onto her side. Then when she starts to get the hang of that she picks up her and moves her arm out of the way and rolls over. (If you put the right leg over the left then she should roll to the left). Hope I was clear, it is easier to see it then to describe it.
Now DD is 4 1/2 months and she rolls over on one side by herself.
HTH
Stacey

swampnurse
03-11-2005, 11:45 PM
don't worry! now that babies are mostly sleeping on their backs, they don't get as much practice. one can only do so much "tummy time"! :) my 7 month old just learned to roll over yesterday and he'll only do it on the bed or ottoman too. but he sat up by himself early (5 months), bears all of his weight holding just a finger (5 months) and a few other things that are advanced. all babies do things at different ages. as long as yours is achieving most milestones, don't worry if one or two is missing.