PDA

View Full Version : MY STANDING LITTLE STINKER!

Marcy_O
10-08-2006, 07:46 AM
About a week ago I posted that I was concerned that Brighton wasn't walking - or even wanting to walk or stand on his own. Well, look at him just a few days ago...He took a few steps, but I noticed that he keeps his legs farther apart and has a tendency to walk on the insides of his feet. Should I worry about that?

http://pic19.picturetrail.com/VOL1035/4113030/12277317/193424227.jpg

newmomto3kids
10-08-2006, 07:53 AM
I have no answer for your question, but wanted to say that he is so so so cute!!!
My kids always walked funny at first, until they got more steady on their feet.
Good luck!

cmdunn1972
10-08-2006, 08:10 AM
I'm not a PT or an OT, but DS did the "zombie walk" for his first month on his feet. (He'd walk with his arms out in front of him like a zombie.)

I'm no professional, but I'd say give it a little time, and if you don't notice any gradual improvement over the next few weeks, contact your ped for a pediatric PT or OT referral.

marit
10-08-2006, 08:49 AM
I have no idea about the walk, but just wanted to say how beautiful he is. And looks really happy (and proud of him self) too!

Lovingliv
10-08-2006, 10:18 AM
Yay Bright!!!!!

It goes so fast, sniffle, sniffle!

Not sure,,,,,maybe Brittone2 will weigh in......

Marcy_O
10-08-2006, 10:54 AM
Thanks everyone! I tried walking with him while holding his hands further down and paid more attention to his feet. He walked just fine. He just must feel more stable with his feet further apart when on his own right now. He's a pretty big boy now! I know, it does go sooooo fast! TOO fast!

buddyleebaby
10-08-2006, 11:53 AM
i can not believe he's walking already! where does the time go?

he's adorable, mama.

elliput
10-08-2006, 12:34 PM
I love the "See, Mom, you were worried about nothin'" smile on his face. :-) He probably feels more comfortable with the wide stance for his balance right now, and he'll be running before you know it!

kedss
10-08-2006, 01:19 PM
What a cutie!! Its going to take some time for his legs to adjust to being upright, I wouldn't worry too much at this point. :)

Marcy_O
10-09-2006, 08:57 AM
Thanks all!! Yeah, I decided that too. And he is starting to pull his legs together a bit already. :) He hasn't taken any steps since that one day on his own, but we're working on it...We told his ped that we weren't "encouraging" him to walk at 12 months!! as a joke of course, but we were letting him do it in his own time. So I'm glad he finally did because we were starting to get worried and feel a little like we were out of the loop!!

newnana
10-12-2006, 01:24 PM
What a cutie pie!!! Yeah, officially DD took off on Saturday. She's been walking up a storm ever since. She still likes to hold our fingers if we're around, so we snoop more :)

Thanks so much for sharing your update!!! He's adorable. I know what a relief it is!
Michelle

stefani
10-13-2006, 10:26 AM
What an adorable kiddo you have! I think my DS walked like that at first, too. Enjoy those chubby legs, as they will slim down once he walks and runs :-)