PDA

View Full Version : Mommy & Me? Gymboree? MOPS?

GlindaGoodWitch
11-02-2006, 12:39 PM
When did you all first start any of these? Which ones do you like?

My mother thinks that my 4 month old needs to see some fresh faces because lately she's started to cry when anyone tries to pick her up (other than her daddy or myself). I personally think they've just caught her at her grumpy times during the day.

What do you guys think? I'm a little reluctant especially now that we're headed into cold/flu season...

mmaimp
11-02-2006, 02:08 PM
I enjoyed these type of activities with my DS's when they were able to sit, crawl or they were early walkers. I also don't like babies around lots of people during flu season.

SnuggleBuggles
11-02-2006, 07:47 PM
The playgroup I joined when ds was 16 months was originally formed from families that met at baby gymnastics' class.

I took ds to postnatal exercise class with me till he was 4 months (started moving so that whole laying on a mat while mom exercised thing didn't work anymore). At 9 months I was taking him to a moms' group.

He was breastfed so I wasn't too worried about him getting sick (though I know it happens). Plus, I am of the feeling that it is good to get exposed to some germs- helps build up the immune system. They will probably get sick anyway just from being around you, running errands and all that good stuff.

I think it will be fun for both of you. Enjoy!

Beth