PDA

View Full Version : Teeth grinding

ilynnegrl
02-23-2006, 03:27 PM
Not sure where else to post this. My 9 month old DS has 2 teeth on top and 2 on bottom. He grinds them quite frequently. Is this common for babies with new teeth? The sound is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

newnana
02-28-2006, 03:11 PM
My 9 month old DD does this as well. Drives me up a wall. She's been doing this since about 7 months. Rest assured, she has her good days and bad days. She will grind for a couple of days when they are bugging her, and then won't for at least a week when they aren't. I called the pediatrician about what I could give her to gnaw on, and they said there wasn't anything at this age.

A friend did just give me a potential solution since DD likes to hold, not chew her teeting toys. She gave her DD a cold baby carrot to gnaw on. It was cold, so soothing. It was easy for DD to hold, and tasted pretty good. She watched DD pretty carefully if she ever did this to make sure she didn't bite off any little piece to choke one, but said her DD loved it.

I tried it and DD loved it (as did my ears). But now I'm thinking that for safety I might get one of those mesh paci things that you can stick food in so baby can't get a chunk off... DD wasn't able to chunk off any pieces, but for peace of mind I might.

Good luck and let me know if anything else works for you!!
Michelle