PDA

View Full Version : HELP! My 6 month old hates his stroller!

Rhys_mom
01-23-2007, 10:07 PM
My 6-month old recently graduated from an infant car seat to a convertable, which means he is now forward facing in his stroller... and HATES it! He cries and screams within 10 minutes of being in it. He never cried when he was in infant seat inside the stroller, facing towards me.

I've tried everything... comfort toys, blankets, talking to him, singing to him, reclining the seat back, putting the seat up, adjusting and readjusting the straps... but to no avail. He's been like this for the past 1 1/2 months, and I can never go anywhere with him in the stroller. We're always Baby Bjorn-ing it, which isn't always convenient.

What is up with that? And what can I do? HELP!!!

-Rhys' mom

sdbc
01-28-2007, 04:11 PM
Have you tried a sling? It's more comfortable than a bjorn. My daughter is 2.5 now, but she hated her stroller from day one. She even hated being in her car seat, so a sling was the only thing that worked. I don't think there is anything you can do to get a baby to like a stroller. Some kids do and some don't...

o_mom
01-28-2007, 04:53 PM
You can always still use the infant seat in the stroller. The weight/height limts are just for the car.

maestramommy
02-04-2007, 12:38 AM
You're lucky. At least you got 6 good months with the car seat. Dd hated her carseat, so while we had the Snap n Go, she always ended up in the sling. Then after we got the stroller, she tolerated that for about 15 minutes longer, then it was back in the sling. She finally started sitting in the stroller long enough for a walk at about 14 months? But now she either wants to get out and walk or then wants to be held. I can't take her for a walk in the stroller without bringing a carrier as a backup. NOT the Bjorn. I abandoned that when DD was 2 months old. It was a torture rack.

Rhys_mom
02-08-2007, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the feedback and advice. I may have to check out that sling... a salesperson at Right Start recommended one as well.