PDA

View Full Version : a good spiral bound medial record book

jniter
11-09-2006, 05:21 PM
I didn't know which board would fit this question the most, so I'm posting it here.

I've looked at some "child medical record" books on Amazon.com. Any suggestions on the best way to keep track of visits, immunizations, growth charts, etc.? Are these books glorified organizers? For me, I think I would not think of some tab/category that I might need. I would like something that would cover baby-teens.

??

jgriffin
11-10-2006, 01:05 PM
I keep all of E's records in a large binder. We get a 2-3 page doc each time we go in for a checkup, with notes on what we should expect in terms of development, skills, etc. And we get his growth charts. I put them into plastic sheet protectors, then pop them in the binder.

I also keep instructions for his stuff (not toys, but the swing, carseat, etc), l&d info, breastfeeding notes, other child-related stuff in the same binder. And his yellow vaccine chart is in a plastic protector in the front. Obviously some of this will go away as my kids grow up, but it's a lot more flexible for me than a bound book.

jniter
11-11-2006, 02:22 PM
Hm...good idea. I already have a binder with manuals and waranties. This wouldn't be so different. I guess I'm just paranoid that there might be a topic or issue that I wouldn't think of. I don't even keep very good medical records for myself!

I'll try a binder first and see how that goes.