PDA

View Full Version : Antibioctics won't help

lmkirche
04-09-2006, 07:21 AM
My four month old has been struggling with an ear infection for over a month now. He is going to see the doctor today to be put on his FIFTH antibiotic because the first four have not worked. He has always had problems with his right ear but yesterday his left ear drum ruptured. We will be going to see our second ENT tomorrow to discuss tubes in the ears. He just seems so young for all of this - tubes, anethesia, antibiotics. I am so worried and feel so helpless. Does anyone have any advice? Has anybody else gone through this? Anybody tried chiropractic care for a infant to help drain the fluid? Or other strategies to help my child?

emmasandwrensmom
05-09-2006, 04:26 PM
I could have written your post. After 6 ear infections and 7 Rocefin shots (plus many oral anibiotics)in less than two months, my four month old daughhter is getting tubes Thursday. I am scared, but I have made peace with the decision. It was a little easier for me because complications from an ear infections caused my older daughter to be hospitalized for a week. I tried chiropractic care, but I think I started it too late in the game. I just don't feel I can wait any longer. I don't think my poor little one knows she isn't supposed to be miserable all the time. It breaks my heart. I wish you the best of luck.