PDA

View Full Version : Medical emergency bracelets for kids?

SASM
09-27-2006, 09:33 AM
We've known for a while but Ian was just formally diagnosed with a peanut allergy. Since he is a little older now and probably more willing to wear one (I also wear one so I am hoping that'll help as well), I am now actively trying to find a ID bracelet. So far I have looked at Medic Alert and American Medical ID. I think that the bracelets are a little smaller width-wise at AM-ID BUT they are BORING. I really think that at this age (he is 3.5yo) he really would want a cool bracelet that he will WANT to wear and show off and, therefore, keep it on. He has seen the soccer ball ones from Medic Alert and seemed interested (promising) but the width seems insane at 1.25" (big for a little wrist).

Soooo...I guess my question is: Has anyone been through this and can they recommend any other sites? Any WAHM that make thinner bands that would stay on? I THINK that I have seen those little rubber bracelets that have "NO PEANUTS" inscribed but bad idea for Ian: 1) Probably too big, 2) Doesn't draw attenion to really look like a Medical ID bracelet, and 3) Probably not "cool" to him.

TIA (I hope).

o_mom
09-27-2006, 09:48 AM
Here is a site I found on Google:

http://www.petitebaublesboutique.com/store/WsDefault.asp?Cat=MedicalIDAlertBracelets&Sub=104&isThumbs=Yes&Thumbs=100