PDA

View Full Version : when to have another baby

jcono
03-09-2005, 09:17 AM
Hi! I have an 8 month old daughter and am wondering when the best time to start trying for another child is. I'm very conflicted...there's part of me that really wants to get over the baby phase sooner rather than later (sleepless nights and exhaustion) and then move on yet there is another part of me that would like to wait and continue bonding with my wonderful daughter. In that case, however, I fear it would be so hard to return to the current state of sleep deprivation. I had a c-section and problems with endometriosis (3 surgeries thus far) so another part of me really wants to have babies when I'm young and then be done w/ constant surgeries. Any thoughts?

BME
03-23-2005, 08:22 PM
I have a tenth month old and I just became pregnant with my second child. If you feel your body is well recovered from having your first child and you are finished nursing, and you feel you are in decent shape, I would say go for it. From the friends I have with babies, they all seem to feel the closer in age, the better/easier. Do what's best for you. If you know you want more kids then why wait? Good luck!