PDA

View Full Version : Strippin' Hippie

raynjen
09-17-2003, 08:09 PM
Now that we have started potty training and I have put my daughter in easily removable clothing she has started stripping of her clothes and diaper on a regular basis. Not only that, she will strip off and pee on the floor!

Any suggestions? I've tried to be positive so far and we've even made up a song about pee-pee going in the potty and not on the floor, but I feel like I'm raising a puppy and not a little girl!

Help!

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (10/25/01)

SeekerMage
09-18-2003, 12:22 AM
My first recommendation would be to get rid of the diapers...if you are potty training you cant use diapers as well because it kinda defeats the purpose...and she is in a sense letting you know by taking them off.

The other suggestion is putting her on a schedule of going potty every hour, that way you will get to her before she does it on the floor. Also dont let her strip off her clothes, if you see her doing it say "quick lets go to the potty so we dont have an accident!" then reward her for going on the potty rather then giving her the attention when she does it on the floor...it could be an attention thing....if anything direct your attention to the floor not her....oh you poor floor you are all wet, here let me clean you up. Reverse psychology works wonders sometimes.

As for raising a puppy not a girl...in essence you are! you have to watch her every move, check for the signs and take her out...to the potty alll the time!
good luck!

luvbeinmama
09-18-2003, 03:17 AM
ITA with SeekerMage. Put that girl in cloth training undies or regular undies and diaper/pull-ups only at night. And put her on the potty regularly.

I read the book "How to potty train in one day" (That's pretty close to the title)... ANYWAY, I didn't do their one-day intensive method, but it gave me some good ideas when I did train, and it took us 6-8 weeks once DS started.

BTW - stripping at that age is TOTALLY normal! DS (3-1/2)still loves to run around naked. Some kids actually do better going to the potty when naked than when they are dressed.

mom2kandj
09-18-2003, 09:58 AM
We let DD run around naked for a few days, but now are buckling down. She MUST wear panties! (As I type with a smirk on my face! LOL!) We are now also ditching the pullups except at night. We had been using them on errands and a naptime, but she was holding her poop until pullup time and that has to stop, too. Yesterday, I even put a potty in the back of our SUV (with TP, extra wipes, and plastic baggies for disposal) so that she has a convenient place to go if needed.

BTW - Our newest potty song goes like this:

(Sung to the tune "If you're happy and you know it..."

If you potty and you know it, give a TOOT!
If you potty and you know it then your face will surely show it...

Verse 2
If you potty and you know it, give a PEE!
Verse 3
If you potty and you know it, give a POOP!
Verse 4
If you potty and you know it, yell HOORAY!

Yes, my life is reduced to potty songs! :)

Rose
mom 2 katie (33 months)
& Jack (16 months)

mamahill
09-18-2003, 03:09 PM
I have a friend that used that potty-training in a day method and it totally worked. She's had one accident since then, but has been a champ ever since. I haven't read it, but it makes me wonder...

raynjen
09-19-2003, 02:59 AM
Hey, thanks for all the good advice! Y'all really think she's ready for the full-blown thing? She's not yet two which is one reason I've been holding out (afraid of putting too much pressure on). We do visit the potty regularly, but she uses the pull-ups in between times. Since I never find her "dry" I figured she wasn't ready for the next step. We really switched her into pull-ups for my convienence as I found it difficult to get her in and out of diapers every time we visited the potty.

By the way our potty song goes:

I'm a super duper pooper
I can poop all day
I like to poop in my potty
It's the only way
I have a super duper partner
Its my dear old mom
Mommy help to the potty
It's the time to goooo
I am a super duper girl!
(done to Yankee Doodle)

Jen in Okinawa