PDA

View Full Version : I HATE Daylight Savings Time changes

elf
10-27-2003, 05:55 PM
If I ever meet the guy who invented Daylight Savings Time, I will fill his bed with cold, wet macaroni and tickle his face with highly allergenic grasses.

Even this (har har har) "extra hour" side. What really happened was that I stayed up later (according to the clock) and DD woke up an hour earlier (which was 2 hours according to the clock) - net effect was that I went to sleep at midnight and DD woke up ready to take on the day at 4:30 am. :o

I turned on Animal Planet, gave her some milk, went back to bed.

Half hour later, and the programming is "boring" and more specifically, does not include doggies. I put in a DVD.

Half hour later, DD is alarmed that the characters in the movie are sad. I persuade her that all is OK in the end, keep watching.

No, mommy had to stay with her. I get a sweatshirt and a blanket, curl up on the couch. Except DD decides that she wants to play with her blanket.

Fine. I am tired. I get another blanket. Fall asleep for another 30 minutes before I give up and get on with the day. But I'm still mighty cranky about the whole thing! ;)

I never really used to mind the time changes all that much, but since my daughter was born I actually find them to be traumatic and somewhat disabling for a day or two. UGH!

starrynight
10-29-2003, 02:30 PM
I feel the same way!!! Grrr it affects Daria something awful, she is amess for about 2-3 days, very cranky off her nap schedule etc. It is so hard on her. It doesn't seem to mess with the rest of us though.