PDA

View Full Version : Help with son , almost 5

starrynight
10-29-2003, 02:42 PM
Alex will be 5 next week and lately I don't like alot of the things he is saying. Anyone with older kids help!! I understand kids pick things up from other kids but how do you stop it after that? Lately Alex is always talking "bathroom talk" I guess you could call it. All I ever hear is "peepee this" and "poopy fart etc etc that" He even sings songs or pretends to pee on the wall by making a what he calls pee noise! I hate it, and I know my neighbors boy talks like this all the time and Alex even told me he got it from this kid. His mom just figures boys are boys and are being silly and it's not a bid deal and doesn't say a word to the kid about it being rude or whatever. True he could say worse but I still find it rude and I don't want him talking that way. I have asked him not to, put him in time out for it and even threatned he will have soap put in his mouth but he still does it, I know part of it is because his friend does and part of it is for attention. I don't want to ignore the behavior but I'm wondering if I should?

momathome
11-10-2003, 10:15 PM
Liza is 5 and I am also not enjoying the change in attitude! My sweet little toddler is gone and now I have this sarcastic eye-rolling child who rolled up her shirt above her belly button and informed me that she wants to be Brittney Spears - oh, joy! I have heard a small amount of potty talk from her but she stops pretty quick when I remind her that this is not how we talk. The sarcastic eye-rolling thing does not look like it is going away anytime soon and that is pretty frustrating - I am dreading the teen-age years! Sorry I don't have any words of advice other than to comisserate with you. Right now I am just trying to be patient, remind her of her manners, and hope that this does not escalate out of control! Good luck!
-Lauren