PDA

View Full Version : I think I have a pee monster - is this normal?

mamahill
10-31-2003, 03:04 PM
I think I remember Beth saying that Sarah was drinking/peeing a TON at the beginning of the summer, so maybe Ainsleigh is just following in her footsteps, but it seems that as of late she has been drinking a ton of water and, therefore, having to have more frequent diaper changes (or rather, leaks - ugh).

Ainsleigh is 19 months old today and I don't notice her doing anything new, physically, to warrant an excess of fluids. I try not to have her drink TOO much because then I worry she won't eat enough, but she seems to really like the idea of drinking straight from a cup and whenever she sees me drinking, she wants some, and then her own cup.

I was just wondering if anyone else was noticing or had noticed this. It would make more sense of we were in the middle of winter, and although we had a mild heat wave last week, it hasn't been consistently hot.

egoldber
10-31-2003, 04:16 PM
I think they just go through phases. Sarah went from super drinking pee monster during the summer, to barely drinking and peeing at all! But lately her drinking has been pickig back up again. This afternoon, she peed through her diaper and onto her Halloween costume! :( Forunately its washable and in the dryer right now for TorT'ing tonight!

Roleysmom
11-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Sarah, we went through the same thing a couple of months ago. Roley was drinking so much that I thought about saying something at her 18 month doctor's visit, but didn't. Like Beth said, it did seem to be a phase. I can't attribute anything particular to it. Now she's drinking and peeing what seems like a normal amount so maybe it was a growth spurt or something.

Paula-- mom to Roley Julia 01-04-02