PDA

View Full Version : Well, knock on wood, but....

egoldber
10-31-2003, 04:21 PM
I think we have successfully transitioned Sarah to a toddler bed! Like so many have said, it just was not a big deal. DH put the bed together last weekend. We moved some toys and things in there and started playing in there.

On Monday night I asked if she wanted to sleep in the bed and she thoughtfully considered and said "No." So we slept in the crib that night.

On Tuesday, she wanted to nap in there, but she couldn't seem to go to sleep, so ended up back in the crib.

On Wednesday night when I got her ready for bed, she ran and got in the toddler bed. So I tucked her in and she slept through the night!

On Thursday, she napped and slept overnight there (woke up once about 11 pm, but went right back to sleep after I tucked her back in).

And today, she's still napping away in there!

Woo hoo!! :)

trumansmom
10-31-2003, 07:55 PM
Congratulations! We're in the midst of transitioning, and it's not going nearly as smoothly. But, we're also transitioning from co-sleeping to DS being in his own room. So far he has slept through the night once in the past 10 days. Oh well. Sleep has never been his strength. Good thing he's so darn cute!

Once again, congratulations!
Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and EDD 4/23/04!

twins r fun
11-01-2003, 12:09 AM
Wow! Congratulations! She actually just stays in her bed and doesn't get up and wander around the room? What made you decide to transition her?

newbelly2002
11-01-2003, 06:17 AM
Congrats, Beth (and Sarah!)! What a big girl she is becoming. Swings, a toddler bed, sheesh, make-up can't be more than a few months away...

And like Nicole, I too wondered about why the transition. I'll keep my fingers crossed :)

Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/1/02

houseof3boys
11-01-2003, 10:45 AM
What a big girl Sarah is now!!!

muskiesusan
11-01-2003, 12:57 PM
We moved Nick into a toddler bed a month and half ago and it went great, too. He was climbing out of his crib, so I knew it was time. The first night he kept hopping out of bed (I think he thought it was a game), so after an hour and half, I put the gate up and he went right to sleep in it. Never had a problem since, even though he can climb the gate, he doesn't try when its time to sleep. He does fall out alot, but since its low to the ground, he doesn't wake up, and he puts himself back into bed before the morning.

I was so relieved since Nick has always hate sleep issues, I was dreading the transition!

Susan
WAHM to Nicholas 10/01/01
& Baby #2 due 4/23/04!!!!

egoldber
11-01-2003, 02:02 PM
Well, we bought a toddler bed when I was pregnant earlier this year. When I had the miscarriage we decided to go ahead and keep the bed. I figured since we had it, we might as well use it. Also, on a few trips we have taken since then, she has REFUSED to sleep in hotel cribs or PNPs, but has slept like a champ in a regular bed. So we decided she was probably ready.

But no happy news yet I'm afraid.

newbelly2002
11-02-2003, 05:15 AM
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. :)

Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/1/02

blnony
11-05-2003, 09:29 AM
Good job Beth!! Maybe letting it be "Her" decision really helped. I'll have to remember this one.

khakismom
11-12-2003, 11:51 PM
Congratulations Beth and Sarah! That is awesome--what a big girl! :)