PDA

View Full Version : TRUMAN USED THE POTTY TODAY!!!!

trumansmom
11-07-2003, 10:27 PM
He has never expressed ANY interest whatsoever in using the potty before, other than always wanting to flush when someone else goes. But today at daycare, they said he walked up to the potty and pulled down his pants and diaper, sat on the potty and peed! And he repeated this 3 times during the day! Of course, I couldn't get him to go at home tonight, but tomorrow we're off to get a potty chair and stickers and see what happens!

I'm not ready for this at all. I truly thought I had many, many months before I had to think about this. Any suggestions? Books I should read (either for myself or to Truman)?

Wow. He's growing up sooooo fast.

Just had to share. I'm completely stunned.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and EDD 4/23/04!

jojo2324
11-07-2003, 10:35 PM
No advice, but WOO HOO Truman!! I've been wondering the last couple of days if there's ANY inclination in Gannon to use the toilet, but it's more wishful thinking than anything else...The thought of two in diapers is pretty daunting. :)

luvbeinmama
11-07-2003, 11:58 PM
Yay Truman! What a good start! I read (didn't really follow it all that closely, but it had some good suggestions that I used or adapted) the "Toilet Training in Less Than a Day" book. You could check it out at the library instead of buying it. Don't be too disappointed if this lasts a few days a peters out. That can happen. DS knew HOW to go potty (pee AND poo) for probably about a year before he was actually potty trained and in underwear. He just wasn't interested in ditching the diapers until early this year. Sorry I don't have any recommendations for potty books for him.

brubeck
11-09-2003, 10:27 AM
Yay Truman! This is momentous! Going all on his own is a HUGE step! Now that you know he is capable of it, you can set up a reward system to keep encouraging him to do it. Going all on her own was the LAST thing that Amy accomplished in her potty training.

Now remember to write this all in the baby book.... :)

nohomama
11-09-2003, 01:44 PM
Yay Turman! What a motivated little guy you are! I really don't have much advice to give despite the fact that Lola is now potty trained. I pretty much felt like I was just along for the ride. The one thing I will tell you is not to get too attatched to the idea of Truman using the potty. I was happily cloth diapering away and really had no thoughts of potty training in the near future. Once Lola was well on her way to training herself though, I did get pretty attatched to the idea of no more diapers. The days that I let my desire for her to be potty trained rule rather than Lola's were some long days and ironically, the days when she had the most accidents.