PDA

View Full Version : So...what's the definition of a toddler???

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-17-2003, 11:54 PM
I assume once they are toddling around...
Am I rushing my little guy if I just feel more like WE belong on the toddler's forums...

We have our nursery furniture
We have more clothes then we know what to do with...and the obsessive trait I have has him a wardrobe of great stuff till he's probably 4 atleast!!!
I have my three slings -That I love
I have all of the CDs and Covers to last till potty training-I hope
I have my grocery cart cover - That I love
I have my diaper bags -That I love
I have my stroller - That I love but sling him everywhere
I have my car seat -That I love
food- he is going to eat us out of house and home he eats anything presented to him

So that leaves me...
* The bitching forum which I know I used once maybe twice.
* The beloved "baby" lounge -which I love
* The adoption forum -a great asset and hope it grows

...I'm now eager to start learning about educational toys, trying to plot how to educate him in the best manner (believe it or not a neighbor has me intersted in homeschooling the first years of Elementary School)...

I just think the toddler forums are more where we are at...
And in all honesty I don't think I contribute to HOW to raise a baby for others since I have read only one very small book on the subject and don't find my answers in books...I go with my gut with NO regrets!!!! I think I can offer my research to folks wanting to adopt specifcally from Ukraine but outside of that I don't think I am of much any "true" help in any baby forums (and I'm fine with that)...

So can we be toddlers????...

Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

luvbeinmama
11-18-2003, 01:01 AM
Sure, come on over! We're happy to have you! BTW, we all hang in the baby lounge, too. We just post more toddler-type issues here. I totally understand about leaving the other baby issues behind. I think we've all found that same thing happening... as it should.

So, welcome to toddler-land!

Karenn
11-18-2003, 01:48 AM
Oh please do come and be toddlers! I would love to see you over here! :)

momathome
11-18-2003, 09:43 AM
Hi, Neve!
I find myself teetering back and forth between the baby forum and the toddler one and Kasey is 2 years and 9 months old! Since we are ttc, I feel like we can "hang out" in baby land, but since Kasey is now a toddler with an attitude, we probably belong over here. Welcome back - I look forward to hearing about Tristan as he enters toddlerhood!
-Lauren

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-18-2003, 09:48 AM
OH the baby lounge is stuck with me till he is college I have no doubt so I'm so there...

I just don't think the other stuff really pertains to us as much anymore which I thought I'd be sad to say but I so look forward to what is ahead!!!!

I must say I have NEVER ventured to the "baby proofing" forum and suspect I could hang out there full time if but it doesn't seem "as fun"...

Thank ladies...

suzska
11-18-2003, 03:14 PM
>We have more clothes then we know what to do with...and the
>obsessive trait I have has him a wardrobe of great stuff till
>he's probably 4 atleast!!!

Hi, Neve! I'm right there with you on the clothes. But guess what? Evan is now wearing some 4T things! I had been stock pilling clothes in Rubbermaid Roughneck containers, and just pulled out all the 4Ts this weekend. (I found 21 short sleeve t-shirts, and completely forgot that I had bought that many! I think I paid $2-$3 each for most of them.) I still have trouble finding the right pants, because he's so skinny. Some 4T pants he can wear, some he can't. He even has some 3Ts that fall down on him! The poor kid lives in sweatpants and Healthtex Playground pants. But he's got long arms and his famous "big head," so he's in 4T tops.

I've been checking into the Baby Boards a little again, but I still stay away from the lounge--I just can't keep up. So I've started checking over here. Maybe I'll have to stop by more often! I've only been MIA for what, 10 months or so?!?

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-18-2003, 11:07 PM
Well I've missed you terribly!!! I must say I figured dear Evan had you hanging out on genius boards!!!!
Please update with what he is up to and how he is handling the news of the new one coming!!! He is absolutely the cutest little guy I love him so!!!!

How are you feeling...updates...you must update!!! :)

Neve
Feb 25, 2003

suzska
11-19-2003, 09:03 AM
Hmmm...where to begin?

I've been feeling much better the past 2-3 weeks. I was pretty sick from week 5 to week 17 or so, and it took a few more weeks for me to feel almost "normal" again. As normal as you can feel being 4.5 months pg! After the Retreat, I ended up in the ER twice for dehydration. That's when I decided to go ahead and spend the money on the expensive meds (Zofran) for my morning sickness, because the generics just weren't working. It was costing around $20 a pill (and I was taking 1/2 pills for each dose). Somewhere along the way, the HMO decided to cover it, so it was down to $1 a pill. Then around week 16-17 I found myself taking fewer doses, sometimes going days between. And then eventually I didn't need them anymore. The last one I took was October 30. Soon after that I started feeling like doing stuff again--I was just exhausted before. So I've managed to get some stuff cleaned up around the house in preparation for moving Evan to a "big boy bed." We plan to get the bed this weekend (don't know when we'll get the mattress) from IKEA. When Evan actually starts using it is up to him.

I had an u/s done at 18 weeks, and everything is right on track. Baby refused to "reveal" whether they are a boy or a girl, though. :( But my placenta is a little low, so I'll probably have another u/s around 28-30 weeks to see if things have moved to where they should be. Hopefully we'll find out then. It's driving me crazy not knowing! (Or should I say, the inability to shop for baby clothes if I need girl clothes is driving me crazy!)

Evan is being his usual "boy genius" self. The kid never ceases to amaze us. He is still obsessed with numbers. It's scary the things he memorizes. He is learning to spell a few words along with the number memorizing. We've been doing Kindermusik since this summer, so he also runs around the house singing all the time (either Kindermusik, Sesame Street, or songs my mother has taught him). What else? I'm not sure he understands the whole "baby on the way" thing. He will pat (usually) my belly when I ask him where Mama's Baby is. And he says "Baby Brother, Baby Sister" since we don't know which it is yet. He's getting better about communicating, and cracks us up all the time with the things he says. Sometimes it's very hard to understand his mumbles, but he's getting better. And sometimes he just sings songs in what sounds like a foreign language and we have no idea what he's singing. I think he makes things up. Oh, we have the Bilingual Baby German video, so he knows how to count to 10 in German. I don't know if he's gotten anything else out of the video, but he does like to watch it. The other day he came into the room and announced, "I want German video! I want German video!" So I had to play it for him.

Well, that's the basics without going on forever. Besides moving stuff around in Evan's room and buying new furniture, we're getting ready to leave for WDW in a few weeks. So things are pretty hectic around here. Things always do seem to speed up for me once Halloween comes. But then October was full of doctor's appts. and stuff, so it wasn't exactly slow either.

Okay, I'll stop now. :) But you did ask for updates.

khakismom
11-19-2003, 01:14 PM
Sue, I am so excited you are expecting again, and feeling good! And I love the stories about Evan--what a doll! Ellen isn't even 6 months old and already Kathleen has told me "I want a brother in your tummy"! :) I told her that we'd have to talk to Daddy... ;)

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-19-2003, 11:54 PM
Girlie I had no idea you've been thru all of that!!! I'm so glad that you are feeling better atleast!!! I've been wondering often how things are progressing!!!!
Evan is going to make a wonderful hubby to a future daughter of mine one day...maybe he'll be a professor at Duke (near ME)!!! :)
Neve
Feb 25, 2003

kathsmom
11-20-2003, 12:07 AM
Hi, Neve!

I am so glad to see you back! I missed you! I am in the same boat that you are in. Andrew is almost 14 months old now and is into everything, so I feel like he and I are in ready for the Toddler Bargains boards. Katherine insists that he is a toddler now since he can walk (he actually tries to run when she starts to chase him!LOL! Usually it's when he has something of hers and she wants it back and he just laughs the whole time she is chasing him!).

On the Baby Bargains board, I usually visit the Lounge, Diaper bag section (still on the lookout for the perfect one), Bargain alert, and craft sections. I do "peek" in on the other forums to see if I have any advice or experience with a product someone has a question about, since I received so much help when I had Andrew.

Anyway, I am glad to see you around!

Take care!

Kimberly H
02-20-2004, 04:22 PM
I feel like such a "me too" groupie, but here goes...

I think I'm in the same situation with Mia. She's not walking yet because she's decided it's so much fun to be carried when she's tired of crawling, not to mention she's only been crawling for a few weeks since she didn't get the opportunity for floor time at the orphanage.

Otherwise I've purchased the baby items I need (though I'm discovering I'm a sucker for diaper bags) and am most interested in helping Mia discover the balance between independence and knowing we'll ALWAYS be there for her when it counts. Tough for any toddler and especially one with her background.

May I come and play too?

luvbeinmama
02-20-2004, 07:01 PM
Absolutely! We're always up for new players! Come on over!

brubeck
02-20-2004, 07:12 PM
Hi Neve, we're gald to have you! Even though both of my kids are toddlers now I still like checking out the Baby boards (particularly the Lounge, Reality Layette and the Bargain board). I admit that I've stayed out of strollers, diaper bags, baby butts, etc. since I just don't feel like this things interest me anymore. But the potty-training boards, I'm all over that! :)

Anyhow, welcome to the dark side! }(

Jeanmick
02-20-2004, 08:24 PM
Welcome to the world of toddlerhood! Glad to have you here! :)