PDA

View Full Version : Baby Brian is here!

megsmom
11-19-2003, 09:26 PM
Our little guy is a week old now and I'm finally getting a minute to post. Brian James Willey arrived at 1:11 pm on 11/11/03 after a short and easy 4 hour labor and uncomplicated delivery. So far things have been going well, as he is a fairly contented baby who is already sleeping 4-5 hour stretches at night! As predicted he was a big baby: 9 lbs 14 oz and 21 1/2 inches (possibly his size accounts for his good night sleeping so far).

We had a few bumps in the road, but they all managed to work themselves out and today was our best day yet. He is nursing like a champ and I can already see him filling out (for those of you who know my nursing woes with Meg this is a precious gift). He did have to be readmitted for jaundice on his 3rd day of life, but I was able to stay with him in the pediatric ward and he was discharged after 24 hours. Monday we got a good report from our ped so we are done with bili checks. Unfortunately, I developed a UTI the next day after we got home, but am responding well to the antibiotics and feeling much better. All of this may have thrown me for a loop the first time around, but now I'm able to take it all in stride.

Anyway, time to take advantage of hopefully a few more hours of sleep now that Meg is down. Just wanted you all to know things went well.

Jen
mom to Meghan 7/13/01
and Brian 11/11/03

blnony
11-19-2003, 09:39 PM
Congrats!! It sounds like things are going well. You'll have to let us know how Meg is adjusting.

jojo2324
11-20-2003, 05:19 PM
Congrats!! Glad to hear everything is going well. :)

luvbeinmama
11-22-2003, 01:19 AM
Congratulations!! And a BIG welcome to baby Brian!! So glad both of you are doing well now. And sleep when you can!