PDA

View Full Version : A day in the life.....(read if you need a laugh!)

Annette_C
12-10-2003, 01:08 AM
Today started like any other day.
After doing the morning routine, Sabrina was visiting with grandma and grandpa while I did a workout upstairs. I usually work out
while she naps but I needed to get an early start on things since I had to go pick up Saby's Christmas pictures & cards in the
afternoon.
In the middle of my workout, I hear the doorbell. I ran down to the front door and I see a policeman standing there! Mind you, I
was wearing workout clothes (gym shorts, sweaty t-shirt, head band, etc) and looked like h&!!....including the fact that I hadn't
showered yet (obviously) and hadn't shaved my legs in a couple of days (it's winter, right?).
There in front of me stood this tall, dark and handsome (and young) policeman! I thought I'd die a thousand deaths!! What
happened to the fat, bald, middle aged policemen that hang out at D&D?!?
Anyway, after giving me an up&down, he asked me if everything was ok at my house. I (still in a daze) gave him a dumb look
and said, "Yes, why?". He told me there was a 911 call and hang up dialed from my house and he came to check it out. I asked
him if he got the right house (people always confuse mine and my neighbor's house since we share a driveway). He said he was
sure.
All of a sudden, I had an epiphany: Sabrina! Her first accidental 911 call!! I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later by the
way she's obsessed with the cordless phone! She picks it up, dials (I usually keep it off) and then starts talking in it!
The policeman didn't take my word for it though. He asked to come in and see for himself. And he did. Grandma and grandpa
confirmed the fact that Saby had been playing with the phone and then he left apologizing for the disturbance. I thanked him for
doing his job....it could have been a real call and it made me feel safer knowing that he was so prompt in responding. I also
apologized for the way I looked and tried to explain that I was doing a workout.
I closed the door and, after feeling like a total fool, crawled back upstairs to finish my workout, shower and ...SHAVE!!!
The moral of the story (besides watch out for your kids dialing 911) is: SHAVE and try to look your best at all times! You never
know who might come knocking at your door!:)
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

momathome
12-10-2003, 10:53 AM
OMG, Annette, that is so funny! Sounds like Sabrina is giving you a run for your money! When Liza was 2, she dialed 911 at a home I was baby-sitting at. When I saw her playing with the phone, I took it from her to hang it up until I realized someone was on the phone - a 911 operator! Luckily, I was able to assure her that everything really was okay before she dispatched anyone to the house. I hear you on the shaving thing - I am terrible about that in the winter and I usually force myself once a week to do it just so I am not grossing dh out. Good luck keeping up with your munchkin!
-Lauren

JulieL
12-15-2003, 01:05 PM
Annette,
You are so funny. Just inspired me to comb my hair! (j/j - sorta). By the way you knew you were getting shape for a reason!