PDA

View Full Version : Oh brother!! Tell me how he pulled THIS off!!!

jojo2324
02-22-2004, 07:34 PM
I took the opportunity to vacuum while Gannon was eating his dinner. In his high chair. Strapped in.

So, I'm vacuuming the hallway off our kitchen. Gannon is in our dining/living room. (Again, strapped in his high chair.) There is a gate between the kitchen and where he is.

I think I hear the pitter patter of little feet. But how can it be? I turn off the vacuum, and sure enough, there's Gannon in the kitchen, throwing his letter magnets into the cats' water dish. :o:o:o

SO, Gannon's proved he can climb. Climb out of his straps, onto his tray, over a gate (that's 2 feet high from the ground and about a foot down from his seat) and into the kitchen. In the span of about 3 minutes.

Can I say, OY! VEY!!!!

I must retain my sense of humor through this....:) I told DH today that if Gannon wasn't our child and I saw him on the street, I might honestly think he was a hobo. He's so covered in bruises, scrapes and bumps that he looks dirty.

jojo2324
02-22-2004, 08:07 PM
Now I'm thinking he fell over the gate, since he has a fresh goose egg. But surely I would have heard the thunk over the vacuum, if I could hear him running around?

raynjen
02-22-2004, 08:24 PM
Oh, I so KNOW this feeling! Noelle was strapped in her high chair playing with playdough at the kitchen table while I scrubbed the front stoop with bleach (we get this slimy algae stuff on our step that makes walking treacherous). I was, literally, 5 steps away with the door open so I could listen for her inevitable, "Mommy lookit dis!" Instead I heard, "Mommy, I help!" and there was my daughter holding the (thank goodness) closed bottle of bleach and walking toward me. AAAACK! That was a terrible moment. It was the culmination to a very toddler day.

So... I sympathise heartily. I still don't know how she did it and I'm terrified if what she CAN do now. I mean the clips on her high chair harness are essentially the same as a lot of the cabinet latches that we use...

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (10/25/01)