PDA

View Full Version : Funny things said...

raynjen
02-23-2004, 09:58 PM
I know you guys have a perfect backlog of these, and I want to know...what funny things have your kids thought or said recently?

Here are a few to start,

My daughter calls ALL letters K's and ALL colors yellow (kind of like Texans call all sodas Coke).

Umbrellas (despite LOTS of correction) are kites.

When we ask her to make a decision she says,"Hmmm, let's see..." while tapping her index finger to her lips.

When I put my shoes on she says, "Good job, mommy!"

For some reason she confuses the words "Jesus" and "giraffe" so when she is playing with her 'Little People' I will hear phrases like, "silly Jesus don't squish elephant". Though I have yet to hear, "giraffe loves me this I know..."

She is learning to say, "Yes, sir" and "Yes, ma'am" but has problems sorting gender so conversations go like this - Mommy, "Noelle, do you want some water?" Noelle, "Yes! Yes sir?" Mommy, "do you mean yes ma'am?" Noelle, "yes sir!"

I know these things are cuter when your own child says them, but I want to hear what your cuties say!

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (2 1/3)

mamahill
02-24-2004, 01:33 AM
Well let's see...

Ainsleigh learned what breasts are. I was getting out of the shower and she began pointing and saying, "Whasat?" I figured out what she was talking about so I replied, "Breast." She kind of laughed and then pulled up her shirt, pointed to hers and said, "See-see's bwess." Later today she poked my boob and said, "Mommy bwess." Super, let's just keep this to ourselves. No public pokings, please.

And if you want Ainsleigh to do anything, all you have to say is, "Ready?" and she'll reply, "Set... GO!" and then off she goes. For now I can use it to my advantage, though I suspect she'll catch on soon:).

brigmaman
02-24-2004, 09:33 AM
Brig's a little young for this I guess...He mainly catches on to phrases I say alot.
I guess I must say "How 'bout..." quite a bit because he's been just blurting out "Howbou..." all the time!
Another thing he's caught on from me..."Wow, cooo!" when he's fascinated.

raynjen
02-24-2004, 10:19 AM
I know exactly what you mean. I never realized what I said all the time until Noelle started saying, "I be right back, okay?"

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (2 1/3)

loewymartin
02-24-2004, 12:27 PM
Alia has had some cute ones lately.

-When pulling up my zipper on my polartec: "Watch your chin!"
-When picking up her toy phone: "So, how you?" or just "So..."
-With regard to breasts - she said "booboo" and I said "no, breasts" so now she calls them "booboo breasts"...very weird :-)
-And along the vein of repeating Mommy - she constantly says "Be back" to indicate "be right back"
-She asked me to put Elmo on (she will go to the audio cabinet and say "which one" which is what we ask her to pick which DVD she wants to see) I told her no, we were going to play with her toys now. She insisted, and finally said "oh, ok, Daddy fix it" like I wasn't putting on the DVD because it was broken!

I'm constantly amazed at how much she says at this age...what will she be like when she's older?!

Michelle - Mom to Alia born 5/16/02

Hallie_D
02-24-2004, 12:30 PM
I nursed Elijah until he was 19 months but had to abruptly wean right after New Year's because of some medication I needed to take. We talked about how we had to "say bye-bye to nursing because mommy has no more milk." He took it very well and made a fairly smooth transition, but he still likes to rest his head against my chest (and pat my chest) for comfort. The other day while lounging in bed he pulled up my shirt, patted my breasts, and said, "Bye, guys!"

brigmaman
02-24-2004, 05:25 PM
That gave me a chuckle! :)

Thatchermom
02-24-2004, 08:15 PM
My Thatchman, he was made for this post. Let's see, today while not taking his nap we got...

...trying to sing "Jesus Loves Me", the line that is supposed to say "I am weak and He is strong" he sang "I'm awake and He is strong".

...walking up to the computer where I was e-shopping for his big boy bed, he says "I like the yellow one. Another place I can't sleep!"

Yup, there's a theme here today!

brigmaman
02-25-2004, 09:03 AM
Lol, your post had me rolling!

MelissaTC
02-25-2004, 10:15 AM
Well, last night I was changing his diaper and he grabbed his penis. He began to sing "pee pee pee pee"... it was too funny. Then he continued to say it "pee pee pee pee"...it is all over for us now...

trumansmom
02-25-2004, 04:54 PM
Truman has suddenly become obsessed with being poopy. I think my big mistake was praising him profusely for pointing out his diaper was poopy a few nights ago. Last night we were at a restaurant and he suddenly announces "I'm POOOPY!" at the top of his lungs. I knew he wasn't and explained that I didn't think so. His response was, "Will you please check?" I guess since he said "please"...

He also has discovered Mommy's "bests" lately. And loves to point them out all the time....

Whenever he drops something or some other minor disappointment we hear, "Awww, Man!!" (We have NO idea where he got that from!)

When I'm calling DH from the top of the stairs, he often joins me yelling, "Teve! Teve!!"

Oh, and he pulls up my shirt and says, "Hi, Baby!" and gives my belly a big sloppy kiss. You gotta love that!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and EDD 4/23/04!

newbelly2002
02-25-2004, 05:17 PM
Well, since Dante isn't too vocal yet, can I just tell y'all what I found myself saying tonight?

We were waving goodbye to DH below while Dante stood on the windowsill (closed, French-style windows of a 4th story walk-up apartment). Dante started getting exubernt in his waving and I said, in that wonderful, soft, mama-quality voice that I didn't know I had:

"Now, we have to be careful when we stand on the windowsill, please."

The irony and ease of the statement still confound me...

Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/02

raynjen
02-25-2004, 11:06 PM
Sometimes the things that come out of OUR mouths are even funnier than what are kids say. Half the time I don't even realize I've said something odd unless someone else points it out to me, "you do realize that you just told your daughter not to stick the fork up her nose WHILE she is running, don't you?"

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (2 1/3)

brigmaman
02-26-2004, 08:39 AM
Lol, does Truman watch tv? I am pretty sure Swiper on Dora the Explorer says, "Awww, Man!!"

jojo2324
02-26-2004, 09:41 AM
LOL Paula, well timed!!! Gannon continues on his climbing blitz, and last night pushed a chair over to the window and hopped up the sill. All in the span of about 10 seconds!

I'll admit, my voice was not so soft and tender when I shrieked for him to get down. :)

newbelly2002
02-26-2004, 10:19 AM
i was thinking of you when I wrote that!
Dante has started climbing in the last few weeks. And while he isn't nearly as profecient as Gannon, I'm just waiting for that day. My voice was only soft and tender because I had put him there (the whole time thinking this is NOT a good idea...)

Ask me how "tender" I am when he mounts the poor sitting dog and screams "UUUPPP!!" Dante is not getting the concept that horses and cars are for riding, not dogs.

Good luck with your acrobat. A future perhaps with Cirque du Soleil?
Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/02

trumansmom
02-26-2004, 10:37 AM
Mystery solved! We don't watch Dora at home (I never can remember what time it's on), but at his daycare they watch videos when it's time for parents to pick up the kids and the weather is bad. I'm sure that's where he got it!

Thanks!
Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and EDD 4/23/04!

lisams
02-28-2004, 01:12 AM
OMG that is the sweetest, cutest thing I have ever heard!!! It's amazing what they remember!

Lisa