PDA

View Full Version : Gift Ideas for 3 Year Old Girl???

mattiew
02-26-2004, 04:57 PM
I need a birthday gift idea for a 3 year old girl that has everything. I'd like to spend $25 or less - any ideas???

Thanks!
Carrie

brubeck
02-26-2004, 05:40 PM
Here are some of the big hits that Amy got for her third birthday/Christmas:

character stuffed animals
Pixar/Disney DVDs
binoculars (kiddie version but they work)
large Magna Doodle
puzzles
Melissa & Doug magnetic doll set
Play-Doh
Tonka mini-trucks set (okay, so my daughter prefers trucks to dolls :) )

Keep in mind that 3 is the magic age when the choking hazard issue no longer applies. This means that many 'cooler' toys are suddenly opened up to a child.

raynjen
02-26-2004, 08:36 PM
I don't have a 3 yr. old yet, but here is what I did for my girlfriend's daughter who also 'has everything'.

I got a large nice looking cardboard box with a lid - kind of like a photo storage box but larger. I got mine at a 100yen shop, but I would think that you could find something similar at an office supply store. I decorated the outside of the box using paint, beads, sequins, ribbons - all the girly stuff that I could find that I already had (you could also use wrapping paper, tissue, magazine cutouts and thinned Elmer's Glue). Then I went back to the 100yen shop (try your dollar store) and bought all the cheap jewelry, scarves, hats, sunglasses, etc. that I could for my money limit ($20) and that would fit in the box.

My 'dress up trunk' was the hit of the party and my girlfriend appreciated that everything fit into the 'trunk' when playtime was over.

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (2 1/3)

August Mom
02-27-2004, 01:05 PM
I have a niece in this age group and anything crafty seems to be a hit. She loves stickers and coloring and Play Dough. Also, for Christmas, one of her other aunts gave her a painted box along the lines of what Jen was describing (only without the beads), only it wasn't already full of things. Rather, she called it a treasure box and told my niece that it was a place for her to put all of her "treasures" (i.e. things she found, wanted to keep safe or that were really important to her). This aunt painted the box herself in a ballet theme and put a picture of the niece on top, along with her name. It was a big hit.

khakismom
03-02-2004, 02:51 PM
Great ideas from everyone!

If this girls likes dolls, another doll or Barbie can be a hit. Kathleen loves anything with Disney princesses. Books are also a big hit! Anything personalized. Or sports stuff too--Kathleen has the Little Tikes basketball set and the FP golf set and she loves to play with them. She also got a little sports starter pack with a small baseball glove, football, soccer ball, and baseball. Also, she loves kites or anything crafty. Good luck! :)

ETA: Almost forgot about stickers! Loves 'em!