PDA

View Full Version : Easter ideas???

redhookmom
03-03-2004, 02:58 PM
Here are mine, will you share yours?

Grow some real grass as a centerpiece for the dining room table then we can nest our eggs in it.

Themed baskets for the kids. I am thinking spiders or ants for my DS and ladybugs for my DD. I got this idea after receiving the Insect Lore catalogue, so many cute things.

Mexican Confetti Eggs. To open the eggs, take a knife and punch a tiny hole in one end of the egg. Break the egg open at the other end, making a large enough opening shake the egg out into a bowl. Rinse the empty egg shell and put it in an egg carton. When you are ready to make the cascarones, dye the shells just like you would Easter eggs. Put them back in the egg cartons to dry. Fill each egg with confetti and then wrap with strips/pieces of tissue paper and thinned white glue. Maybe roll them in glitter too. My DS will enjoy smashing these.

ChicagoMama
03-10-2004, 11:49 AM
Oh the grass idea is so cute. Unfortunately, I have no cute ideas for Easter (decorating? crafty stuff? what's that?) as I've sort-of had to put off my creative side for the moment, but I still wanted to thank you for sharing!! I think I'll be back in the swing of things by Halloween, when Sydney is 1!!

Becky

Mama to DDs Shelby 09/19/02 and Sydney 10/16/03

nigele
03-15-2004, 02:24 PM
Instead of Easter baskets, my Mom always stuffed our Easter goodies into more useful things like a new purse or backpack. We always loved that as kids. This year, I bought a big, bright sand pail and shovel for DS instead of an Easter basket and plan to stuff that with goodies.

newbelly2002
03-15-2004, 04:44 PM
I did the same thing last year for Dante and he loved it. I bought a big bright yellow tupperware tub that now holds his toys in the living room. We always had traditional baskets as kids, but I'm kinda' liking the idea of continuing the new "container" idea in our house.

Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/02